1. Secure a field site
- Students are required to secure an appropriate site and site supervisor for the doctoral practicum
- Use the Site Search Resources and ask for help if you need it!
- Complete any application and/or interview process as required by the field site.
2. Prepare doctoral practicum application materials
- Complete all of the required forms and obtain necessary documents prior to submitting your application in Meditrek
- Work with your site supervisor to complete/obtain*:
- Field Experience Learning Agreement
- Site Supervision Contract
- Site Supervisor's Resume/SV
- Secure Professional Liability Insurance
- If you are using a regular employment position to fulfill field experience requirements, obtain a copy of your Job Description
*We recommend that you set up a time to meet with your site supervisor in person to complete the Doctoral Practicum Learning Agreement and Site Supervision Contract.
3. Submit Application
4. SOCHS-OFE Review of Application
- Program faculty will review your site supervisor and the details of your field experience to determine the fit of your proposed field experience with program requirements.
- You may be asked for additional information and/or revisions, so it is imperative that you monitor your Walden email closely.
- The SOC-OFE operations coordinator will determine if Walden University has a current Affiliation Agreement with your proposed field site and will contact your field site to establish a new agreement, if needed.
- The SOC-OFE operations coordinator will perform an Eligibility Audit to ensure that the prerequisite requirements for the field experience have been met.
- You will receive final approval decision via Walden email.