Skip to Main Content

SOC-OFE Frequently Asked Questions: International Students

Can international students who are not U.S. residents complete field experience in the U.S.?

No. International students who are not U.S. residents may not complete field work required for Walden programs in the United States. See International Student Policies for detailed information.

My country/state/province does not have licenses for counselors. How do I know what will be acceptable?

Contact the SOC-OFE so the Field Experience Director can review your specific situation.

Insurance companies in my country/state/ province do not provide professional liability insurance to counseling students. What do I do?

See the International Students tab of Professional Liability Insurance.