Now let's put it all together and try a sample search in our database called PsycINFO:
1. Start at the Walden Library Home Page.
2. Under Select a subject, choose: Counseling
Here you will find library resources related to your subject area, including other databases you may wish to include in your search.
3. Now let's choose the database PsycINFO:
Login with your myWalden email and password.
4. Now you are on a search screen with three Search boxes. We will break your topic down into just keywords and type one concept or keyword(s) per box.
In the first search box type: group counseling
In the drop down box to the right of the search field, select: SU Subject
NOTE** Selecting SU subject will tell the database to only retrieve articles that have been classified as being on the subject of group counseling. Using Subject terms will increase the relevancy of your results.
In the second search box type: strateg* OR approach OR process* OR model OR evaluat* OR practice OR outcomes OR best practices
NOTE** Using the Boolean operator OR will tell the database to retrieve articles that contain any of these search terms.
NOTE** Using the truncation device (*) will tell the database to search for any search term with the same root. For example; strategy or strategies, evaluation or evaluate.
5. Under the search boxes, click inside the check mark boxes for "Full Text" and "Peer Reviewed".
6. Click Search.
Do you see some articles that will work for your assignment?
You can repeat these steps in some of the other databases listed on the Counseling page, or explore different keyword choices to further refine your search.