Skip to Main Content

SOC-OFE Masters Students - Field Experience Manual: International Students

International Students

Students are required to complete their field experience in their country of citizenship or in a country that they are legally permitted to work. Walden University is not authorized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to process student visas for non-U.S. citizens to complete field experiences in the United States. Non-U.S. citizens may not enter the United States for purposes of completing a Walden University field experience in any other visa category such as visitor or on business. Non-U.S. citizens currently in the United States on an H, L, or other non-immigrant work visa should consult their immigration attorney to determine whether their visa category permits them to work at an internship site. Hours of work performed in an improper status will not be counted toward the field site hour requirements.