Skip to main content

Graduate & Certificate Programs: Academic Progress Recommendations

Next Steps

  1. Know your academic record
    • Locate your Degree Audit to review your sequence of classes
    • View your grades and GPA by clicking on “View Unofficial Transcript” or “Final Grades” on the Student Services Tab of your portal.
    • You can also request a grade report from the Office of the Registrar by emailing
  2. Contact Financial Aid
    • Financial Aid has separate academic warning requirements for financial aid eligibility. Confirm your eligibility and options for financial aid at or 1-800-444-6795.
  3. Schedule an appointment with a Student Success Advisor to plan your future registration and create an academic improvement plan. Please make sure you have access to your myWalden portal during your appointment time.
    • Topics to discuss with your advisor:
      • Registration and course selection for future terms
      • Create a plan for regaining academic compliance
      • Taking a break. If you need to take some time off of your program, there could be options for a leave of absence
  4. University Resources That Can Help