Skip to main content
Making the Appointment
- Remember - all appointment times are in Eastern Time Zone. For help in determining what time your appointment will take place if you don't reside in the Eastern Time Zone, please visit timeanddate.com.
- If you are an international student, remember to select the International link on the first window - your advisor will be listed under the International link and not in the degree-level link (see below).
- Be sure to select your program in the Area of Study Selection window before you click the Continue button. This will ensure you search a list of Student Success Advisors that specialize in your program.
- When you get to the screen to select the day and time for the appointment leaving the Day of week, Start Time, and End Time options as they are and then selecting Find Appointments will help return you the most results.
- If you know the name of your Student Success Advisor, select his or her name in the Advisor Name field to look for appointments with only him or her. If you don't find any open appointments with your advisor at a time that works for your schedule, you can book with another advisor.
Preparing for Your Appointment
- When you reserve your appointment, you'll be able to note the purpose for the appointment, which helps your advisor better prepare for your conversation.
- Please make note of what telephone number you used when reserving the appointment and be available at that number at the time of your call.
- Student Success Advising recommends that students be logged into their myWalden portal during the appointment, so that we can direct you to any applicable resources you may need.
- Due to the scientific studies showing a higher risk of car accidents from talking on a cell phone while one is driving, we do not conduct telephone advising appointments with students while they are driving motor vehicles. If you are driving a motor vehicle at the time of your scheduled appointment, we will ask you to pull over to the side of the road to give our advising conversation your full attention or we will require that your appointment be rescheduled.