Skip to main content

Undergraduate: Graduation

Graduation Information

Knowing when your degree is complete

Students can confirm what remains of their degree by visiting their Degree Audit. The Degree Audit is the student's official record. This electronic document enables students to track their degree requirements and progress towards the completion of their program.  This includes all awarded transfer of credit, courses completed, and unfulfilled degree requirements. When students are starting their last quarter or semester they should apply for graduation, which will trigger a review of their degree requirements by the Office of the Registrar. This review will confirm if the requirements of your program have been met and if you are eligible for graduation at the end of the term.

Applying for Graduation

Doctoral students should apply for graduation at the start of the quarter or semester in which they anticipate getting CAO approval on their dissertation or doctoral study. The application for graduation is located on the myWalden portal under the My Education section of the ME tab. Upon receiving the Graduation Application, the Office of the Registrar will review your degree requirements to confirm the following have all been completed:

  • All grades have been posted.
  • All program requirements are completed.
  • The required GPA has been obtained.
  • The thesis, dissertation, or doctoral study has been submitted to and approved by the Chief Academic Officer (CAO), and has been published as per the guidelines sent to students via email after CAO approval has been given.

Holds and Degree Conferral

While students can graduate when they have a financial hold on their account, they will not be able to obtain a copy of their diploma or their final transcripts until all financial holds have been removed.