While advisors can assist with a wide variety of questions, for some questions another university department or faculty member would be the better place to go for information. Some of the things an advisor won’t be able to assist with include:
- Proof-reading discussion posts or class assignments – please contact the Writing Center for writing assistance.
- Explaining what an assignment is asking for or why a mark was earned – please contact the faculty instructor for the course.
- Providing faculty phone numbers – students should email their instructor to request an appointment if needed.
- Remove financial holds – students should contact Collections or Financial Aid for questions about their accounts.
- Advise on financial aid eligibility – students should contact Financial Aid.
- Assisting with or processing practicum applications - contact the Field Placement team for information.
- Advising students on state licensure and certification requirements - students can contact their program’s licensure specialist for more information.