The Academic Skills Center offers four self-paced interactive tutorials on academic reading to help you be successful in your Walden degree program:
- Reading to Understand
- Learn about reading comprehension, working with context clues, identifying the main idea, and common academic reading challenges.
- Reading to Engage and Evaluate
- We discuss critical reading, analysis, and evaluation.
- Reading Textbooks
- Covers parts of a textbook, reading tips for textbooks, and the SQ3R reading strategy.
- Reading Research Articles
- You will learn about parts of a research article, reading tips for research articles, and strategic reading.
Each module should take about 20-30 minutes to complete.