The Academic Skills Center at Walden University is pleased to offer tutoring support for students in areas related to statistics, SPSS, and accounting/finance. Because we serve such a large student body, we need to ensure that we have guidelines in place to keep our tutor schedules accessible to everyone as much as possible.
We do understand that Walden students lead busy lives, often working full-time while balancing their studies, family lives, and other important obligations. It is understandable if you need to miss or cancel an appointment; however, if you frequently cancel or miss appointments, it ultimately affects the student we were unable to help because the tutor schedule was reserved for you.
We appreciate your cooperation by adhering to these guidelines. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at ASCTutoring@mail.Waldenu.edu.
General Guidelines for Tutoring Appointments
- Appointments are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All appointments are scheduled for 60 minutes. You may not need that entire time during your appointment, but please plan to arrive at the scheduled time.
- Appointments can be scheduled the same day, up until the start time of an available slot
- You may make up to 2 appointments per week.
- You may cancel your appointment up to 30 minutes in advance of the scheduled time. Appointments that have not been canceled are marked as “no shows”.
Policy for Missed or Canceled Appointments
- Tutors wait for 15 minutes after the appointment start time for you to attend your session. If you do not show after 15 minutes, the tutor will log out of the session. Students who are more than 15 minutes late to an appointment will be marked as a "no show". Please refer to the "no show" policies below for more information.
- No show polices:
- First violation: More than 3 missed appointments will automatically disable your account. You will be notified if your account is disabled. Please e-mail ASCTutoring@mail.Waldenu.edu if you would like to re-enable your account, and we will do so as a courtesy.
- Second violation: After 3 more missed appointments (second violation), your account is permanently disabled.